Bute Park has been managed by a dedicated site-based team since the Bute Park Restoration Project (2010 – 2014), which was supported by a £3.1m grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The team are based in the Bute Park Visitor Centre and provide functions and services in support of:
- Site management and maintenance
- Improvement projects
- The park cafés
- The outdoor events programme
- The schools and family activities programmes
- Learning for all
- The park donation and memorial schemes
- The volunteering programme
- Biodiversity initiatives and conservation activities
- Guided walks and talks
- The park’s website and visitor guides
- Customer communications, social media and marketing
- Management and development of the Arboretum
- The Bute Park Visitor Centre
- The Bute Park Plant Shop
- The Friends of Bute Park
Meet the Bute Park Site-Based Team
Bute Park Manager
Events and Communications Officer
Other functions such as the plant nursery, arboriculture, grounds maintenance, sports pitch maintenance and the urban park ranger service are managed on a city-wide basis by the Parks Department. Litter & waste collection is managed by Neighbourhood Services.
Green Flag Award and the Bute Park Management Plan
Another important function of the team is the production of the Bute Park Management Plan, which is a requirement of the Green Flag scheme. Bute Park first achieved Green Flag status in 2008 and has held it for every year since.
Management awards received by Bute Park
Bute Park is proud to have been recognised for high standards of management across a number of areas.
|Name||Date received||Notes||Further information|
|Green Flag Award||2008 – current||Site wide||Green Flag Award|
|Green Dragon Level 4||2013 – current||Bute Park Visitor Centre||Green Dragon Award|
|Green Heritage Site Accreditation||2014 – current||Site wide||Green Heritage Site Accreditation|
|Green Key||2019 – current||Bute Park Visitor Centre||Green Key|