A suitable and sufficient fire risk assessment (FRA) must be submitted to ELP no less than 4 weeks prior to the first day the event is open for business.
The FRA must be carried out by a competent person with suitable fire safety experience and qualifications.
Items of particular interest (but are not limited to) include:
- An emergency plan
- An evacuation plan
- Safe capacity calculations for the event arena as an entity
- Safe capacity calculations for specific areas of the event arena (e.g. marquee tents or other enclosed areas)
- Measures to ensure safe capacities are not exceeded
- Any high fire risk activities or features (e.g. pyrotechnics, commercial catering facilities)
- Access for emergency vehicles
- Staff training