A system of site rules has been established to assist with preparing a Traffic Management Plan.
- 5mph Speed Limit
- Hazard warning lights on
- Give way to pedestrians and cyclists
- Keep to designated roadways – do not travel onto grassed areas/verges
- Do not cut corners
- When reversing ensure it is safe to do so and request use of a banks-man
- No vehicle movement on site when open unless under the direction of the supervisor
- Only operational vehicles are permitted to enter the park. All personal vehicles should be parked outside
- No public parking on site
It is important that Traffic Marshals understand their roles and receive a briefing on use of the bollard entry system (Bute Park sites).
The Traffic Marshal’s role is to maintain a safe and effective system of Traffic Management with responsibility for all vehicles whether the driver is a member of the event staff or a contractor.
- Event Organisers are responsible for their event health and safety and the safety of other park users
- Traffic Marshals must wear hi-viz clothing and position your-self in a position visible to drivers
- Radio communication links to be established between all staff working on the traffic management team
- Staff must remain at the roadside until vehicles have come to a standstill
- Authorised traffic to enter and exit through designated/ approved routes only
- Detailed schedules to be collected from the Site Manager detailing the expected vehicles entering or leaving the site