Off-road bikes and quad bikesFirst published 28th May, 2020
Driving off-road bikes or quad bikes is prohibited on Council land. These bikes can only be used on private land with the permission of the landowner or at a registered track.
Such use of motorised vehicles on Council land is a police matter. The Road Traffic Act allows police to seize uninsured vehicles and those being driven without a licence. Furthermore, section 59 of the Road Traffic Act allows the police to give drivers a warning if they are reported to have used their vehicle in a manner which causes “alarm, distress or annoyance”.
If you see such vehicles being used in Bute Park please record the time, date, exact location and identifying information and e-mail the report to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching any photos. You may also wish to copy in email@example.com for the information of the Park Management.
More from the Bute Blog...
- PRIOR INFORMATION NOTICE – Commercial Opportunity at the Secret Garden Café, Bute Park
- Cardiff Castle Summer Events, Plan Ahead: Intermittent gate closures behind Cardiff Castle
- Blackweir Woods Footpath Improvements Works
- Bute Park ‘Plants Back Better’ with more trees and a new community orchard
- Team Bute Park crowned best in the UK