Driving off-road bikes or quad bikes is prohibited on Council land. These bikes can only be used on private land with the permission of the landowner or at a registered track.
Such use of motorised vehicles on Council land is a police matter. The Road Traffic Act allows police to seize uninsured vehicles and those being driven without a licence. Furthermore, section 59 of the Road Traffic Act allows the police to give drivers a warning if they are reported to have used their vehicle in a manner which causes “alarm, distress or annoyance”.
If you see such vehicles being used in Bute Park please record the time, date, exact location and identifying information and e-mail the report to email@example.com attaching any photos. You may also wish to copy in firstname.lastname@example.org for the information of the Park Management.
More from the Bute Blog...
- Bute Park 2021 User Survey
- Use of Bute Park during the Covid-19 pandemic (Updated 28.07.2021)
- Sophia Gardens Celebration Package Opportunity
- Table Tennis comes to Bute Park in memory of former Cardiff student who died suddenly, at 29
- “We’re all in this together, please keep our parks clean” – a plea from Ken, Street Cleansing Team