Bute Park is a lovely ‘green’ route into the center of the city through one of the most attractive areas of Cardiff.
There is one designated shared cycle route, which crosses the park between Millennium Footbridge and the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama.
Cycling is permitted on this and non-designated routes on the understanding cyclists will ride responsibly and adhere to our shared use path code of conduct in which
We ask you to
- Keep left, and overtake on the right.
- Stay on the tarmac paths.
- Be considerate to other park users – please note, pedestrians have priority over all other users in Bute Park.
- Be seen and heard – by using a bell and/or wearing high visibility clothing.
- Be polite.
- Be safe – due to shared use status our pathways are not suitable for fast travel. If you are in a hurry, you may wish to use another route.
- Look out for vehicles.