Getting to Bute Park
- Bute Park is within walking distance from Cardiff city centre and is easily accessible from a number of entrances.
- Details of nearest public bike stations are available here.
- There are cycles racks available outside the Visitor Centre and by all 3 cafes.
- The building is situated in the middle of Bute Park and there is no parking available directly outside the building.
Blue badge holders
You can request special permission for a blue badge holder to enter the park and park at the building. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request.
Note we are a small team at the Visitor Centre and we don’t have a receptionist.
We will be there to meet and greet the meeting organiser/lead when you arrive.
Once your guests have settled in our main door will be switched over to “exit only” and we ask that you manage your guests via use of the doorbell.
If you choose to add refreshments and use of the kitchenette for your meeting, we provide:
- Tea, coffee, a selection of herbal and fruit teas
- Cow’s milk and oat milk
- Tap water
- Biodegradable cups
Feel free to bring anything additional with you.
To help us reduce waste, please suggest to your attendees they bring their own keep cup and water bottle to use throughout the day.
The Bute Park Visitor Centre does not have a cleaning service in the same way a larger meeting venue might, please help us provide a clean and tidy venue for the next user.
If you have brought your own packed lunch and used the self-serve facilities please clean up the kitchen and leave it as you find it. Bins and a washing up sink are available.
If you have enjoyed the services from an external catering provider:
- Please leave any catering equipment in one place ready for collection
- Please invite your guests to take away any surplus food.
- Put cups and any waste in the bins provided.
Please help us keep the building clean and use the appropriate bins:
- Green - clean recycling
- Brown - food waste
- Black - general waste
We have a no smoking policy at the Visitor Centre, this applies to the outside space immediately next to the classroom (outside the sliding doors).
Guests who wish to smoke should exit the front door and we ask that you manage your guests via use of the doorbell when they return
The building has 5 toilets:
- Two in the ladies
- Two in the men's
- One accessible
Covid infection control
For the safety of attendees and our staff:
- Don't attend if showing Covid symptoms
- Use the hand sanitiser stations present within the building
- Ventilate the room - keep the two sliding doors open during meetings to get a good cross flow of air. Guests should bring appropriate clothing with this in mind.
On the day contact
You will find a member of staff in the office.
Alternatively contact us on these numbers
- Monday 02920 788401 / 788402
- Tuesday 02920 788402 / 788401
- Wednesday 02920 788403
- Thursday 02920 788403
- Friday 02920 788402
Use of our meeting facilities
- You must supply your own laptop and power cable. If you would like to test your equipment at the centre in advance this can be done by arrangement to fit around other bookings.
- TV screen for presentation (including speakers, wireless keyboard)
- TV screen and camera for hybrid meeting (including speakers, microphones, wireless keyboard)
- There are 2 wifi options available:Cardiff Free Wifi and Fritzbox (14mbps download and 1.5mbps upload speeds)
You will be invoiced for the hire of the centre after the date of your event.
Please provide at least 2 working days’ notice otherwise you will be invoiced the full room hire amount