Bute Park is a fantastic place to visit and learn. The Education Centre in the heart of the Park provides an excellent base for a wealth of exciting and engaging curriculum-linked activities.
Educational sessions available include:
- Gerry’s story (A giraffe who gets lost in Bute Park)
- Who lives in the park? mini-beast hunting, squirrel counting and bird watching
- Environmental art and the park’s sculptures
- A history tour of Bute Park
- Trees – including a look at some of the park’s champion trees (largest of their type in the British Isles)
- Orienteering and wildlife explorer trails
All sessions can be designed to meet different ages and requirements and other topics and subject areas can be catered for. Educational packages are available for either a half or a full day.
“We would like to thank Meriel and her team for providing a great opportunity for both staff and pupils to develop their outdoor interest and skills further. The activities were suitably for all ages and allowed each pupil to participate, enjoy and achieve during the sessions. Each day was very well organised and supervised, allowing staff to feel at ease and involved. A great thank you once again and we look forward to hopefully returning later on in the year. Diolch yn fawr iawn.” Sarah Worton, Ysgol Rhy Y Grug Aberfan, Merthyr Tydfil
For more information and prices, please contact Meriel Jones, Education and Outreach Officer on 02920 788403 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org